Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Low Key

For me the hardest thing about being a photographer is finding people to photograph. I would be so much more comfortable photographing a tree stump, land scape, sand dune, sunset, or a hundred other things, but people are the hardest for me. Today in class we talked about the importance of accepting yourself as an artist, and the need for patience in developing your own photographic style and voice.

Today I photographed a friend of mine, Brian Francis. He's another cool kid. Cut from the same cloth as my friends Chad and Chris. Brian was more than willing to help me out. I called him at 8:00am and asked if he could model for me in the middle of the afternoon. He left work early and made the time to be photographed.

The more I look at my portraits the more I feel that I'm starting to fall into a continuing pattern. A lot of the lighting looks classic, simple and out of date. Technically I think I am close to controlling the lighting, however I feel it has no zest.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you lived closer and could take pictures of Corban, and I know Matt would love to model for you. I think your style is really becoming more distinguished and set apart from others. I love the new logo and projector picture.

    ReplyDelete